Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

My Drayton Mid Position Actuator MA1 has "stuck" and is no

Customer Question

My Drayton Mid Position Actuator MA1 has "stuck" and is no longer operating. It is a `two part ` device. Can I purchase an `upper part` only. How much please?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. The "MA1" is the name of the actuator, you can get one quite easily and replace it by undoing the screws in the two corners.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is "the Actuator" the name of the TOP HALF of the device which is faulty ?, and is this available SEPARATELY from the bottom half of the device which is plumbed in to the three way pipework. By the way there is only one fixing screw, and it is along the LHS of the device and NOT in the corner. Therefore, are we both talking about the same device?
I will readily accept your answer if you can answer these questions.
The new one will have two screws in opposite corners, and yes the actuator is the top half and it is available separately. It sounds quite old if it has only one screw so the head may not be separatable. Is there any way you can get attach a picture to your next response?