Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a c26 firebird boiler Enviromax. It was fitted about

Customer Question

I have a c26 firebird boiler Enviromax. It was fitted about 2.5 years ago. It has stopped heating the water, it warms it but not heating it. The radiators sort of start to come on, get a little bit warm and then stop. There are no lights on the boiler showing except the green one (there are three on the front). Just wondered if you had any ideas of simple things I could try - I know nothing about boilers so I am afraid I am probably limited in what I can do but any advice very welcome. I have the front off. I have tried turning it off and on again - still got the same problem. The system runs off kerosine/heating oil. Thank you Laura
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. XXXXX am still waiting for an answer - Laura
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Brian,
I have been in the Plumbing & Heating trade for approximately 15 years,
lets see if i can help. Hi Laura can you tell me if the boiler fires up when you first put it on, I think you may have a pump fault rather than a boiler fault. when you turn your system on for heating and hot water can you check if the central heating pump is working its usually in the airing cupboard and will be whirring or vibrating .
Brian, Plumber
Experience: 16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Brian,

Thank you. The boiler is firing up, it doesn't seem to be blowing out as much heat and the exhaust gases coming from the flue seem less than usual.

The pump is vibrating when I turn the hot water of heater on. It is a red pumb by the hot water tank. I didn't even know it was there before!

Thanks,

Laura

Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks the flue will only blow out at approx 60 to 70 degrees, the fumes i think you are referring to is the steam from condensation, this steam or condensate will only happen if the central heating water is circulating through the boiler its caused by the difference in temperature from the water coming from and returning to the boiler. if you can check the pipe to that pump and tell me if its really hot, if its not go to the boiler and tell me if its really hot at the boiler, also check the pipe going into the side of the hot water cylinder and let me know if thats hot as well. obviously when the hot water is on. thanks Brian