Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

got a halstead combi but the burner wont fire up, no warning

got a halstead combi but the burner wont fire up, no warning lights, no lockout,any thoughts?
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, does the fan run? Rick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI I'M DAVID,YES IT DOES
OK this is odd as once the fan starts, the fault sequence will begin so if it has not lit after a short time a fault will be displayed, the only thing I can think of is the air pressure switch stuck so the board does not "know" the fan is running, I will need to access the wiring diagram to evaluate this, so will come back in a short while, Rick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OKAY HEAR FROM YOU SOON
OK there are a number of possibilities, first does it spark? and do you have a multimeter?, Rick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO TO BOTH
OK no spark, if the green power light is on, then you need to check the spark electrode for whiskering and the lead for connection, if all in order then it looks like the board, but at around £100 you may want to get someone with a test meter to check it out first, Rick