alumalite
alumalite, Plumber
Experience:  Retired mechanical engineer, Boiler, HVAC, and Electrical contractors licenses (inactive).
23932409

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC bioler. My heating is not working

Customer Question

I have a Vaillant ecoTEC bioler. My heating is not working although the boiler does kick in and fire up when I turn the hot tap on and it is heating up the water. The pressure was quite low but not on the minimal line. I have altered the pressure and reset the boiler but the heating still does not kick in. Please do you have any suggestions before I pay for a callout? Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  alumalite replied 2 years ago.

Phil :

All work to be done by licensed professional. WE KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION YOU NEED, I come and go. This is step ONE.

Phil :

Hello, the central heat will not operate if the water pressure is too low, tell me what the gage reads.

Phil :

The boiler will also not operate in central heat mode if there is air trapped in the radiators, that prevents water flow...the boiler will not operate if there is no water flow in central heat mode.

Phil :

Let me know what the gage pressure reads

Phil :

find one of the small brass air vent valves near the top of one of the radiators, open it slightly and tell me if any water squirts out, and how forcefully it seems to squirt out.

Phil :

We can go from there.

Phil :

Phil

Phil :

thats the service manual on many of the ecotec boilers, can you tell me if this one looks like it might be for yours