Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

our glowworm boiler has gone off and we need to reset 18hxi

Customer Question

our glowworm boiler has gone off and we need to reset and get it back on - it has done it before  glowworm 18hxi  serviced recently
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXXX - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. When you turn the select button to reset doe sit start again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
having trouble replying to you - only on off button and digital display which is blank??
No digital display? Do you have any lights?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We seem to hava a partial power failure!! That could be it??
If you turn the boiler off at the switch and leave it for 10 seconds then back on then it should reset. Tell me if it hasn't come back on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No,but the washing machine is off too,so I think it is an electrical fault,not the boiler??!!
Go and check your consumer unit and see if you have tripped any breakers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have just been down to my student house, and yes one of the trips had gone - they didn't realise they had to open the plastic electric box to look inside!! Boiler is back on. Thank you, jane
No problem - keep an eye on it.