Ardent Engineering
Ardent Engineering, Engineer
Experience:  Registered Gas Installer
50811837

I have a problem with Vaillant boiler. This morning I found

Customer Question

I have a problem with Vaillant boiler. This morning I found there is no hot water running. The boiler says F28. Would you please tell me how to fix it?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Ardent Engineering replied 2 years ago.
Hello there,

No need to panic!

This fault can be cleared quite easily by pressing the "flame-crossed-out symbol" button on the boiler fascia.

The fault may have occurred for a few possible reasons, your gas is isolated (unlikely, unless you are using LPG and the tank/cylinders have run to empty), or there is an ignition fault.

The ignition fault if you have it may be intermittent, so try resetting the boiler a few times. Simple maintenance will be necessary to resolve an ignition fault.

Don't worry, because these are the most robust and well-engineered domestic boilers on the market in my opinion - so it can be sorted fairly easily.

Let me know if you need any more help!

Best,

Stephen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI, There...

Thank you for your answer.

I already pressed the 'flame-crossed-out symbol' and

it sounds like starting and soon became F28.

On the bottom gas meter shows pressure is under 0.

I think that is the problem.

Could you please tell me how to sort that out?

Many thanks.

Kay.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
HI, There...

Thank you for your answer.

I think that is the problem.

Many thanks.

Kay.
When you refer to "bottom gas meter" I am not sure which item you mean.

Maybe you mean the pressure gauge at the bottom right of the fascia? If so, the usual Fault Code associated with that is F22.

To remedy this, you need to charge the system with water - the method depends on your specific model; 8 series have a filling loop with two taps on the underside of the boiler that you should open simultaneously until the gauge indicates somewhere in the middle of the grey portion.