Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI

I have a British Gas C1 boiler. There are 3 lights on the front.

Customer Question

I have a British Gas C1 boiler. There are 3 lights on the front. 1 to show the radiators are on, 1 for the hot water, and the third light is showing when the hot water is firing up. Now we've lost all hot water in radiators and taps. But the other two lights are showing as if the system is still working. Any idea what the problem is and is it an easy repair?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. Are any of them flashing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the hot water running light was flashing but has stopped.
So is it working again, or do you have no lights now? I think it is the same model as a Worcester CDi;
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
unfortunately it is not working. we have no hot water for heating or off taps. The lights comes on for the heating and hot the hot water but the boiler does not kick in. The light nearest the right hand side of the boiler, which indicates that the boiler is firing up for hot tap water, was flashing but now doesn't light up at all when the hot water tap is turned on.
Slow flash or fast flash? If you turn the power off at the fused spur and then back on again - will it work at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it was a very fast flash but nothing at all now. No it does not work after fused spur is turned off and then on again. The radiator light (left light) comes on. The ignition light on the right is not coming on and the boiler is not firing up.

The boiler front is as: ls=en&biw=1202&bih=659&tbm=isch&tbnid=Tzs8izLNlh7WYM:&imgrefurl=,r:1,s:0
Worcester SI - I will check now for you