Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

Glow-worm Flexicom 30cx has pre-heat facility and I understand

Glow-worm Flexicom 30cx has pre-heat facility and I understand the benefit of this. However we have a guest bedroom above the where the boiler is situated and the persistent on/off all night is annoying. Can the pre-heat be temporarily switched off?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. The instructions say press and hold the "-" button for 5 seconds to turn it off - Try this page 26;
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/dd/00/00/flexicom-cx-instn.pdf
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The first answer I had from a Glow-worm advisor (not guaranteed to be speaking for the company!) was "The boiler will fire up periodically to keep the domestic heat exchanger hot to give you more instantaneous hot water. It can easily be turned off though by pressing the + button for 5 seconds till ON is displayed, then press the - button so you can see OF. This is then deactivated."
Further to this I was advised that to reactivate the pre-heat, just reverse the procedure.
Simple I thought, but what was displayed was not exactly as above. And the preheat wasn't switched off. Many thanks for the PDF - however the Service Instructions appear to be designed for an engineer with inside knowledge and experience. I'm OK with computers but not with boiler electronics. Please could you revise if necessary the text I got from Glow-worm? Many thanks, Doug
If you press and hold the "+" button for 5 seconds, it will turn ON the preheat. If you press and hold the "-" button for 5 seconds it will turn OFF the preheat.