Ask Chamberlain Maintenance Your Own Ques...
Chamberlain Maintenance
Chamberlain Maintenance, Plumber
Experience:  Qualified Plumber with over 17 years experience in Domestic & Commercial plumbing.
60394188

My Triton thermostatic power shower is cutting out after about

My Triton thermostatic power shower is cutting out after about 5 minutes of being turned on. The motor is still running but no water coming out of the shower head. The unit is 5 years old being used twice a day every day. Any idea what the problem might be please?
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Chamberlain Maintenance replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX see if I can assist you. When the water runs out have you checked the water level in the supply tank?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Neil. No. I will ask my husband to do as you suggest. The supply tank is in the loft. We have lived in our property for 5 years without having a problem with the shower so I doubt the water level in the supply tank is the problem. I will check though because we now have a new baby boy which means 1 extra bath each day is being run.So it could be a problem. Thanks, Esther.
Ok, it may be that the float valve is blocked and not letting the tank fill up quicker than the water is being drained off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have ruled out any problem with the tank so there must be a problem with the shower unit itself internally. There are no other water supply issues in the house, i.e. plenty of hot & cold running water from all taps all the time.

Have you ruled it out when the shower stops running? Can you still run taps when the shower stops?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes we can still run both hot and cold taps when the shower stops, no problem.
What model of shower do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Triton thermostatic power shower (as stated in my original question).
Ok just so you know Triton have made more than 1 thermostatic power shower after many years of production so I am afraid you don't have the only one made. I am here to help you with your problem and need to ask questions in order to narrow down the problem. I will opt out so you may be able to negotiate with a psychic plumber.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It does not say on the unit what model it is & I regret that I have not kept the original packaging or user guide. You shouldn't be rude to your customers, no matter how stupid you perceive them to be. I'm happy for my question to be left unresolved. Thank you for your time.
My apologies, I know I should not be rude to my customers and likewise for the customers, not you yourself but after so many customers that come on here and think that we are psychic and can answer anything on the least information, e.g, I have no water, what is the problem? When I asked where they have no water to and do they still have water to kitchen cold tap, i shall not send you their reply or all you will see is a line of #%€^*{¥.
The only thing I can think of is that you are having a water shortage problem as you say the shower is still running. If you run the shower till it runs out. How long till it can run again? Also do you know where the connections are made to for the hot and cold?

Once again my sincere apologies.