Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI

hi the large pipe think its the waste pipe from the toilet

hi the large pipe think its the waste pipe from the toilet in my static caravan has a hole would this be easy to replace myself thanks
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, why do you think it has a hole in it? is it plastic if so it is not normal for it to get holed unless it was accidentally drilled or struck very hard with a pointed object, Rick
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rick not sure if it is a hole only noticed it as i was leaving and ran my hand over the pipe felt like gum or something on the pipe but just wanted to know would it be easy enought to replace the pipe myself its a big thick pipe and think its from the toilet on the outside of the static caravan thanks june
To be honest I do not think it is the sort of thing you can do, first off you need to establish if it is indeed leaking, plumbers use all sorts of sealants on pipes and we need to find out if what you are noticing is in fact a pipe sealant, so my advice here is call a plumber, if you are on a site you may have no choice but to use the site maintenance guy, but that will not stop you getting your own guy in for an opinion, Rick
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
looks like its the push on joints on both ends of the pipe i have just bought the van and as i say was fine untill i was leaving and noticed the wet I know how to turn the water of and im not bad at diy but if you think its to difficult to atempt then i will get it looked at
Well the first thing to do is flush the loo and look out side and see if it is dripping, if so try and find from exactly where, it is unlikely the pipe is damaged, more likely a rubber in one of the push fit joints has failed, easy to replace if you can identify the manufacturer, Rick