Ask Chamberlain Maintenance Your Own Ques...

Chamberlain Maintenance
Chamberlain Maintenance, Plumber
Experience:  Qualified Plumber with over 17 years experience in Domestic & Commercial plumbing.
60394188

I have an Ideal Standard Dual Flush toilet, it is overflowing

Customer Question

I have an Ideal Standard Dual Flush toilet, it is overflowing back into the toilet, I have taken the two plastic bits off (to flush) but can't seem to unscrew the shiny bit that is the top of the cistern. HELP
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Chamberlain Maintenance replied 3 years ago.

Chamberlain Maintenance :

Hi, my name is Neil. Let's see if I can assist you. if you look down into the grey round push button housing is there a white screw holding it in?

Customer :

No, it is fixed plastic with a grove running in the middle, I have tird to unscrew that, but that won't move at all

Chamberlain Maintenance :

The two plastic bits you have taken off were they the two push buttons? does the lid not lift off the cistern?

Customer :

they were the flushing buttons, no I tried to lift the cistern off, but it won't move

Chamberlain Maintenance :

When you took off the two buttons did they come out with rods attached or strips? Sorry for the ?s but just trying to determine which model you have.

Customer :

they had plastic rods attatched to them, they are only small

Chamberlain Maintenance :

Ok usually there is a screw in the centre when you remove the buttons or an allen key type of screw, when you look into the centre is there just the holes where the rods fit into?

Customer :

????? no answer has come through

Chamberlain Maintenance :

Idea Standard cisterns were made with the cistern lids only to be removed by taking out the centre buttons and undoing the screw in the centre, but as they had to many frustrated customers who could not get the lids off the just made them with buttons that simply screw to the lid and the lid lifts off. If you have looked into the grey ring and cannot find a screw that goes into the syphon then it maybe two clips that you may need to push out either side when looking down the middle they will look as if it attaches to the syphon. whilst lifting the lid slightly push one out then the other and the lid shall lift.

Customer :

ok I will try that now, and let you know

Customer :

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]=