Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I have a Glow worm flexicom 30cx combi boiler with a British

Customer Question

I have a Glow worm flexicom 30cx combi boiler with a British Gas BT Plus thermostat/timer. All seemed to be working fine a few days ago but now the boiler does not shut off despite the thermostat reaching temperature. The little flame symbol on the timer display disappears when it should which makes me think that it is the boiler not receiving the signal to shut down. I have tried shutting everything off and then switching on again but it still keeps firing up. I've had to turn the heating off and just leave the hot water on, I thought I would see when it would shut off but our room temperature reached 29 degrees!! Any ideas? Thanks
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, I guess this is the wireless version, my advice would be to bin it and go wired, I honestly do not know of a 100% reliable wireless stat, I would not install one even if they were for free, Rick
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Anyone that you recommend to use?
virtually any programmable room thermostat will be fine most run on batteries (5 year life) and only two wires back to the boiler, I cannot give a specific make as we are not allowed, pop into your local plumbers and ask for a programmable room stat wired and choose the functions that suite you, Rick
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience: 30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 years ago.
Always try a new set of batteries first as this may boost the signal further. If you can still not get it to work then try sitting the transmitter next to the receiver to rule out defective hardware. If that works then try and find a location that does not offer too much interference and still can show a true temperature.