Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

Glow-Worm 30 CXI Flashing F12 anybody know whats wrong and

Customer Question

Glow-Worm 30 CXI Flashing F12 anybody know whats wrong and how to put it right
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, F12 is a connection problem between the user interface (small board with several potentiometers on it) and the main board possibly a pulled connector or a broken or corroded wire, Rick
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can get that much information from boiler manual
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. Can you pull the connector off the main pcb and check that the connections are clean and look ok. If you can see and burnt marks on the smaller pcb or cannot see a fault at all then my first point would be to replace it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorted it myself through trial and error connection on main PCB not making contact.Very poor idea,crap boiler.
The cxi's and the hxi's are very poor in build quality. I am glad you sorted it, but try and save up for a new one.