Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

How to set heating timer at Ariston GCN 47-116-14, so that

Customer Question

How to set heating timer at Ariston GCN 47-116-14, so that the heating is on only for certain intervals of time and off durin the rest of the time?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, OK if this is the standard mechanical time clock with tappets around the outside diameter then this is not a problem, each tappet = 15 minutes when set to the outer edge = on, set in = off, so I would expect to see all the tappets set in between say 10 pm and 7 am then the rest set to the times you want heating, the master control is the little button to the right if center up is on 24 hours, middle is off, bottom (clock symbol) is follow the times set on the clock, if however setting this to off (middle) does not stop the heating then there is an internal boiler problem and you will need to call an engineer, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rick,
Apologies for delay with my response to your messsage. It is not yet quite clear to me how to set the timer. Could you please describe step by stem (in a sequence of steps) what should I do. Here are what buttons I got on my boiler:

1) button with the picture of clock
2) a small hole with the picture of +-1h (I don't know whether there was a buttin here, but now it's just a small hole)
3) Button with the word 'Day'
4) Button with the letter 'H'
5) Button with the word 'M'
6) Button with the word 'Progr'
7) a hole with the word 'Reset'
8) Button with the picture of hand.

Many thanks,
Alisher

it is far to much information for me to type it in on here, if you go to http://www.ariston.co.uk/ariston-product-manuals/search/ you will be able to find and download the manual for your controller, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can't can't consider this answer satifyting me. As I said before I've found the the user manual but it says nothing about the timer settting. That is why I contacted your servcie. If you knew how to do that you'd give me a simple instruction of 3-4 steps I need to folow. I can't accept a generic answer with an abstract instruction. Sorry about that. I hope someone else who persponally dealt with Ariston GCN 47-116-14 can help me. In othere word I need the instruction like that:
Step 1:...
Step 2:....
Step 3...
Step 4...
the result should be the setting of time intervals duing which the heating would be on (and vice versa, off).
the problem is that the details you have supplied do not match any Ariston controller that I can find so you may have a third party controller, that is why I sent you the Ariston down load list, if your controller is not in the list then that speaks for itself, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I wish but can't tell that I'm satisfied.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. Is the timer on the boiler?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have Ariston GCN 47-116-14. There is a timer there, but I can't install the working time intervals for the heating system. There are a few buttons there, as follows:

1) with the picture of clock
2) with the picture of +-1h. It is actually not a button, but a a small hole (I don't know whether there was a buttin there before)
3) with the word 'Day'
4) with the letter 'H'
5) with the word 'M'
6) with the word 'Progr'
7) with the word 'Reset',. It is again not a button but a small hole.
8) with the picture of hand.
The small hole for (7) is the reset button, you will need a paperclip or something similar to push this. Try pushing this for a couple of seconds before releasing and seeing if it helps - everything should factory default with 3 ons and offs a day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. Thisn is already more helpful. BUt how to set my own ons and offs? the problem is that i got a huge bill for gas consumption and wanted to minimize it by setting other intervals.
www.ariston.co.uk/uploads/doc493d2c445580a.pdf Try this link and page 24 and see if it looks like this one.
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience: Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you! This time much warmer. This manual is for some different models:
microGENUS HE 24 MFFI G.C.N: 47-116-37
microGENUS HE 28 MFFI G.C.N:47-116-38
microGENUS HE 32 MFFI G.C.N:47-116-39

But it should work with my GCN 47-116-14. I'll try tonight. Can I 'accept answer' tomorrow? If it works I'd not ask more questions. That is what i needed.