Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

I have a Potterton Boiler with a Lifestyle Model LP241. Put

I have a Potterton Boiler with a Lifestyle Model LP241. Put the heating on last evening as it was a bit chilly. turned off the lifesyle but the boiler would not shut off and heating stayed on. I switched the switch off by the immersion heater to stop it.Any advice woud be appreciated, Thank you
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. If the timeclock said the system was off then it could be a stuck relay inside the timer. Which Potterton boiler is it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi. It say Suprima
Two things could keep the boiler on - a faulty time clock supplying power when it should be off, or a faulty motorised valve (either stuck in the open position or the microswitch inside is stuck "made")