Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

When i flush the toilet the water rises before going down,

Customer Question

When i flush the toilet the water rises before going down, does this mean the durgo valve needs changing?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is Andrew - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. It could be a partial blockage and it needs a force of water to get over it? Try pouring a bucket of water down the toilet from as high as you can and see if it improves.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I tried pouring a bucket of water but no joy.

I then tried using a piece of hose pipe to see if i could unblock it, i must have moved something because after that the bowl filled up but took longer to empty.

I would keep trying with the bucket to see if you can shift it. If you cannot you may have to remove the toilet to shift it.