Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI

My ferroli HE25 boiler will not fire up,the fan and pump are

Customer Question

My ferroli HE25 boiler will not fire up,the fan and pump are running fine but it wont fire up everything sounds normal but theres no ignition. the fitter has checked the gas supply and the electrics but cannot find the problem.What can the problem be?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 5 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, if the fan is running and getting up to speed then the air pressure switch is not operating, check the rubber pipe connections and hose for condition, Rick
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Rick After studying the boiler manual I can find no mention of an air pressure switch where is it located?
I am sorry I confused your question with that of another customer, is very busy at this time, you do not have a pressure switch, it is a pre mix burner, I guess you get fault 01 if you listen care fully does the burner light momentarily? if it does then the flame sensing electrode will be the problem and or the condensate trap, if there is no flame at all then the gas valve or power to it needs checking, do you have a multimeter with which we can test it, Rick