Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

Hi i have a greenstar 25si/30si and the pressure gauge is showing

Hi i have a greenstar 25si/30si and the pressure gauge is showing close to 3 bar how do i reduce this ?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, if you are taking that amount of water from your rads and the pressure is still high then your mains supply is leaking into the boiler system, this will most probably be the plate heat exchanger failed, but could also be the diverter valve but you will need an engineer to sort this for you unless you are very good at DIY, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i had new fan and circuit board fitted christmas eve due to the lovely weather we have had condensor boilers dont appear to enjoy it - we had low water pressure in our area wednesday due to burst water mains could this have caused it? what should i do in the mean time ive young child and ideally need heating etc
No I do not think so as long as your filling loop is not connected, if it is there is a danger that it may bleed into your system if the valves are not fully closed, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is it save to leave on in the mean time then and ill call plumber 1st thing tomorrow ?
yes keep your heat on you will loose some water but all the time the boiler gives heat make use of it, it will not "blow up", regards Rick
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience: 30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI