Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I have changed the air pressure switch on my boiler but when

Customer Question

I have changed the air pressure switch on my boiler but when i push the short tube onto the boiler it will not light, as soon as i pull the tube of the boiler lights straight away any ideas what the problem is
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 6 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, are you sure you have replaced the tubes correctly, can you give me the make and model of the boiler, thanks Rick
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Its a Vokera compact and the tubes are cut to length they will only go on one way
What was the original fault symptoms, Rick
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the boiler would not fire the fan will run but the boiler does not fire, as soon as i pull the short tube off the boiler fires straight away
the air switch is designed to not run the boiler in the event that there is a problem with the fan/flue or other restriction with the air flow, in this case your switch I think is performing its duty, you need to look at problems in the fan, or with the flue, the secondary heat recovery unit, or the main heat exchanger, you must not run the boiler permanently with either of the tubes removed, Rick