Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

Have a Drayton RF I wireless digistat heating control system,

Customer Question

Have a Drayton RF I wireless digistat heating control system, and problem is the red Alarm light on the SCR receiver unit will not go out, and system is not recognising signal from thermostat.

Have changed batteries on the thermostat (twice) and still no joy.

Also when trying to get SCR receiver into "Learn Mode", when changing batteries, the red alarm light flashes and goes out, per instructions, but the green light does not come on.

When heating system is switched on, by pressing the "Override" button on the SCR the boiler fires up, suggesting the wiring for the boiler control is fine.

Any idea swhy the SCR Receiver is not behaving as it should ?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. Can you take the transmitter off the wall and sit it next to the receiver and try again, and let me know what happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change. Cannot get the receiver to go into "learn mde".

Go through set up routine and when pressing buttons 1 & then 2 (both held down) the red light does as it should (flashes for a couple of seconds) but when both buttons are released, only the red light comes on.

I have had one like that before, it took a couple of attempts at powering down and pressing the buttons to get the receiver to work correctly. If you cannot get it to work, I can talk you through a rewire to get your boiler working.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I must have tried the power down at least half a dozen times yesterday - without any change in result.

Have tried again - but no success.

Boiler works - when I use the override button; obviously do not have any control over the tempreature and cannot use on "auto" as when the programme swithes on the central heating, it does not respond because the receiver & transmitter have not been configured through the learn mode.

Do you have anything new that might be interfering with the signal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not that I am aware of
I am at a loss if you have tried a new transmitter too. You might want to relist this and see if someone else can help.