Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI

I have a Drayton Digistat SCR wireless system attached to a

I have a Drayton Digistat SCR wireless system attached to a Valliant ecoTEC plus combi boiler. The boiler syatem appears to be working well but the alarm on the Drayton Digistat is flashing red and has been for the past month. Is this dangerous? What do you think I should do?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Ridley replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am Rick, UK Plumber, and I specialize on Boiler problems, it is not dangerous, but I will have to look it up to find what it means, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rick

I'm glad it's not dangerous but please tell what the flashing red alarm light on the Drayton Digistat means and what I need to do to fix it.

Many thanks
Audrey
I have four sets of instructions for these and not one of them mentions the alarm
have pictures of it but no explanation, I have a link to Drayton via the installer web site I will have a look there shortly, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks,

Regards
Audrey
Well they do not give a lot of info, but reading between the lines it is a "receive error" which means the SCR is not reliably getting the signals from the stat, this could be due to low batteries in the transmitter (stat) although the unit is not flagging low bats yet, the other possibility is the distance/position between the two units bear in mind the max distance stated is under absolute ideal conditions the real effective distance is usually a quarter of that, but replace the batteries first and see how it goes, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rick

I don't think the Digistat has batteries as it is running off the mains electriciy. Also, the distance between the Digistat and the boiler has been the same now for at least three years and this is the first time the alarm light has appeared.

I believe, the alarm light appeared just after I let more water into the boiler, which I need to do about once a year to increase the pressure. I might also have adjusted the timer - I can't remember if it was then or later.

Regards
Audrey
OK can you give me the exact model you have (marked on the front of the stat) as there are many variations, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rick

Did you get my last reply, in which I described what my Drayton Digistat SCR looks likes? Anyway, the model is Digistat SCR Wireless.

Regards
Audrey
No Audrey it did not come through, all the posts are listed above (if you have the same screen as I), I will look up your model and get back, Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rick

Were you able to find out any more?

Many thanks

Regards
Audrey
Yes, I am sorry got a bit busy, the room stat has batteries in it and at three years they are very low, cannot find any digistats that are mains ppowered on the room stat, in fact there would be little point in having wireless if the roomstat was mains powered as the suply would come from the boiler system anyway, so the wires would be there, so remove the unit cover on the bottom right with a coin and you will find 2 AA batteries inside, Rick
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience: 30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI