Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Lost drive, think it is clutch related but no smell of a catastophic

Customer Question

Lost drive, think it is clutch related but no smell of a catastophic failiure, think it is either cable or hydrolic but dont have a manual to see what to do.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Whilst driving i lost all drive in any gear,
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possble
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you with this issue .. Okay if you lost drive while in gear then the clutch has come to its end of life .So if you can select each gear with out using the clutch and have no drive in any of the gears then clutch plate has warn downfor this to happen you don't need to have any clutch burn smells , as clutch release bearing may have collapsed,pressure plate lose its pressure etc what ever the transmission will have to come out for inspection . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think the issue is the slave unit as I can't select any gear
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Select a gear with the engine off and the hand brake off and then try and push the car if it will nor move forward and you feel resistance then the clutch is okay and you may have a slave cylinder or master cylinder issue .Check the master and slave cylinder for fluid leaks , Do you have pressure on the clutch pedal , does it feel good or no pressure what so ever . Greg