Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a squeek noise on my front passenger side suspension

Customer Question

i have a squeek noise on my front passenger side suspension when the car has been driven for a while and the disc is hot to touch could this bee the wishbone suspension on the way out
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Ross replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.

The combination of squeaking and hot brake discs is usually a sign that the brake disc may be overheating due to a binding brake, this is quite common and can usually be resolved simply by stripping the brakes and re-greasing the sliders. I would be inclined to at least rule this out before suspecting suspension issues as the hot brakes rubbing will often squeak.

Otherwise It could be a suspension ball joint or rubber bush. It is unusual for them to squeak but it does happen occasionally. One the brakes have been inspected, the suspension should be checked for any split ball joint boots, loss of grease will cause a squeak, or any obvious problems with ball joints. Rubber bushes are harder to diagnose and can be a process of elimination, although spraying bushes with silicone based greases can often quieten them without the need to replace. I wouldn't say this is a sign of overall wear and tear on the suspension system, if the brakes are ruled out it is more of a sudden failure usually caused by something as simple as a split rubber boot.

Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross