Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, 23 years repairing my own cars and others, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2004 Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 petrol won't Rev over 2000rpm

Customer Question

2004 Nissan Almera Tino 1.8 petrol won't Rev over 2000rpm fault code for throttle pedal sensor and throttle body ie tps comes up I have changed both these items but still happening
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

this sounds like a lack of fuel and could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and outand the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hi

do you still need help?