Mike, 30 years diagnostics
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

MikeI have a 2006 Nissan Primera and over the years have

Customer Question

Hi MikeI have a 2006 Nissan Primera and over the years have warning light for air bag. Fault is is on drivers seat.Until now I have managed to eliminate light by switching engine on and switching off as soon as light flashes.Leave for 5 secs and switch on again.Do this 3 times and then switch on leave for 2 secs. switch off and then switch on within 1 sec. This remedy does not work now. Have you any other suggestions.Thanks ***
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin do you have a record of the fault code stored in fault memory ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A stored code for the RH Side module was identified. The code was cleared down.
How do I get the code.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
telephone number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry
It should be ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Kevin
I have not received a telephone call yet. on 01189 771959
Thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I don't offer phone calls as I'm in UK il opt out somebody else may help with this
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome ..
This is MIKE whom you originally requested - Im sorry but someone other picked up your question before I had a chance to.
By far, the most common fault with this system is that you get bad connections under one of the seats - usually the drivers seat... So you need to carefully check under there..
You should see the connectors under the seat - you can safely unplug them ( ign off )... squirt them with a spray cleaner - a switch or contact cleaner spray - ( NOT wd40)... and allow to dry - then re connect.
That will usually do it.. If it keeps doing it, what we do is cut the connectors off and solder the wires to make a secure joint and eradicate the problem altogether..
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~>>~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out.
-- Best Rgds, MIKE.