Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Nissan/Datsun 1.6 pRIMERA: I own a Nissan Primera 1.6 p11

I own a Nissan Primera 1.6 p11 2000 model. I have a pool of water in the rear passenger foot well of about 25mm after rain. I do not have to drive the car, it accumilates after car is static. I found a rubber bung missing under the passenger seat, removed the seat, replaced the bung, and sealed it.
Problem still exists. Door seal looks O.K. Any ideas please.???
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name isXXXXX goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This is a well know issue with this car .

You probably have a sunroof , the drain in the "A" pillar get blocked up or comes unattached
and leaks into the rear foot well..

If you don't have a sun roof then with a garden hose spray water round the door weather strips and with a man inside check where the water is getting in Rgds Greg

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .

Rgds Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg
Car does not have a sunroof, and is out in the road, where I cannot reach with a garden hose from our house (which is down 2 flights of steps) I suppose I could use a watering can, or go to a jet-wash place. The door seal looks O.K. but I will have to test it. It must run down somehow, and gather at the low edge of the rear seat, and into the footwell.
Not easy though.
Thanks
Phil.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Philip.

Good idea take it to the jet wash and you sit inside and have them spray water round the doors and rear window which is a common area (window seal)
And under the rear wheel well .on the affected side .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg
Thanks for reply. If it does get passed the door seal, i suppose I will have to alter the door striker adjustment to make the door close more firmly.
Rgds
Phil.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Philip

Check the weather strip for damage ,

If you think the door is a bit lose can you feel a lot of play when its closed ,
when closed can you push it in more and feel its lose .
Does the car door sit flush all round ,gap same ?

Greg