Mike, 30 years diagnostics
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics

Nissan/Datsun Nissan micra intia (56 plate) keys locked inside

Nissan micra intia (56 plate) keys locked inside - won't unlock using spare set. How to get access ? Ignition is switched on and car was left parked in reverse gear.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Can you please tell me exactly how you have tried to use the spare keys to get in?

Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have only tried to use the spare key by pressing the open button in the normal way.

I can see a small key like logo and there is a slot on the passenger side door handle, but cannnot find out how this may assist.

Hello again, thank you for your reply...

Ok... thats what I thought may be happening...

Yes - what you need to do is - look under the pass door handle - and you will see a small cut out - where you can insert a small blade - and you prise the piece off... this is a plastic colour coded "cap"... that covers a normal key barrel....

Once thats off - you can insert your normal key blade and unlock the car to gain access ...

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.