Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Nissan pathfinder: timing chain..It is 3.5 miles

Customer Question

My nissan pathfinder has had a timing chain failure. It is 3.5 years old and has done 86,ooo miles. Should this go so soon? is it something that although out of the manufacturers warranty can be pursued?, roughly how much would it cost? basically help?!1?
Category: UK Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Greg :

Hi and welcome to will answer your question the best I can, For further assistance please let me know Regards Greg

Hi i have a nissan pathfinder and the timing chain has just gone is this an expensive job and would i get anywhere with Nissan even though it is out of the warranty period

Greg :

No, once out of warranty thats it , but this is a very rare thing to happen, if you are a good customer with the dealer where you bought your car they will be exceptions i would in your case get in contact with them and ask.

Greg :

Did the chain break or just become lose due to a failed tensioner.Normal giveaway will be high pitched humming/whining noise from under the hood. Question? did you have the 6 years warranty with 60.000 miles are you over the 60.000.

Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Greg replied 6 years ago.
Hi do you still need assistance