Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I did a charity event and raised £1500. I fell ill and gave

Customer Question

Hi, I did a charity event and raised £1500. I fell ill and gave my grandad the money to hand in. He took the money and I got arrested for fraud yesterday. I answered all his questions but looks like I may fall for this. They want to question him but I've since found out he's passed away. Where do I stand and what do I expect please? I've stated I have it to him as I had hospital appointments and everything, since been diagnosed with suspected chrones so have to take things easy.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Hi - are you saying that you can or can't prove you gave him the money?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm saying I can't prove it's been handed in or been handed to my grandad as there's no proof of both
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Ok. Is he the person who reported you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No a old friend who's out to screw me over with everything has rang the police. They said they'd got screen shots of me saying how much we raised, he's got a email off the charity stating they haven't received the money. So brought me in for questioning under arrest. My grandad clearly didn't pay the money but obviously I'm going to take the flack for this.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm wanting to know what I'm looking at if this goes to court, it's been treated as theft not fraud I think.