Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

My husband started his own business over 20 years ago my

My husband started his own business over 20 years ago my eldest son is in the business recently my husband gave my son a large share of the business my husband and myself now own 36% of the shares between us £175.0000 was paid into my husbands pension pot in exchange for these shares my son now has 54% of these shares what are our rights now in the running of the business can my son force my husband out now there is some anomisity between them and my son wants to buy our remaining shares over 10 years can he fire my husband if we do not decide to do this now we have the reduced shars

Hello

As your son now owns the majority shareholding of the company he can stop you or your husband being Directors of the company.

This means that the day to day running of the company will be at his command. However he cannot force you to sell the shares nor can he

unfairly prejudice your shareholding. So you will need to be given the same rights in regards ***** ***** shares as are attracted by any other shareholder.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can he fire my husband if he is doing work in the business ie going out on site work and my son doesnt want him to go my husband is the chairman of the company is there anything we can do or need to do ie on paper also can these shares be given or sold at a pepper corn price to any of our children who do not work in the company