Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My wife was found to be having an affair and when all this

Customer Question

Hi, my wife was found to be having an affair and when all this came out I was arrested for common assault. From the day in question to the day of my arrest was 6 days. She said the incident took place on the 17th june then on the 23rd June i was arrested. I am in court next Friday. I have pleaded not guilty as I did not hit her at all. But she has shown bruises on her shoulder?? If i have all the evidence that she is a pathological liar will this be in my favour?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Im in the UK does that not help
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: She has been seeing this guy for 6 yrs and she even has him down for a statement to which we have called him in to cross examine him. They both advise they are just friends yet they were caught together in uncompromising situation
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Iv never hit anyone in my life. She is also a lawer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this.

I need some more information from you please. Are you still together or have you split up?

Have there been any previous allegations or reports to the police of domestic violence?

What evidence do you have to prove that she is a compulsive liar and what evidence do you have to prove that she was lying on this occasion?

Is she a solicitor or barrister or does she just work in the legal profession? What area of the law does she practise in (it would not worry me but it’s just nice to know)

How did she get these bruises?

Please explain what you mean about the statement on the cross examination.