Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was charged with stalking. My partner left me after being

Customer Question

I was charged with stalking. My partner left me after being engaged just 3 before she left. I sent her several e-mails and leters asking her to come home, but sadly she did not. During the last few months she has been to see me on 3 occasions, namely just before my birthday, during my birthday and a few weeks later when I was in a restaurant with my son. The procurator fiscal issued a charge against me under section 39 and that I sent e-mail, letters and text messages. They acknowledge none of the messages were threatening but the number of message caused alarm or fear. Having read the summary of evidence my solicitor advised to plead not guilty, I go to court end of January and hope the Sheriff can see that most of my e-mails were around the time my ex partner came to see me. I sent a total of 25 emails and letters during August and September, all were kind and loving in nature. Since my arrest in early October I have not been in contact with her because of my bail conditions. She claoms to have been emotionally drained from the experience, however I sometimes feel like I have been the victim in that I spens thousands of pounds on a house we bupight jointly, when the house is sold she will get her money back, but I will loose sevsral thousand pounds that was spent on renovating the property. I also spet £3000 on an engagement ring just 3 weeks before she left me. It seems ironic that following our separation at the end of July she has been to see me 3 times, the first time I gave her money to cover various expenses, the second time she came to wish me happy birthday and the third time she came to the restaurant to apologise for removing my personnel items from the house whilst I was away on a business trip. I went to see her once in September to handover mail that was left in the house. It is strange that I have been charged with stalking when she has come to me 3 times during a 5 week period whereas I have only visited her once and that was to deliver her mail which contained bills. I feel I have been baited into sending her e-mails because although she sent me jus a couple over the 2 month period she came to see me against her solicitors advice.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: This is in Scotland
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I hope for just a fine or a not guilty
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am waiting for reply
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

I need the information I asked for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not know what information you asked for?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

I need to know how I can help with this please?