Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My partner failed to attend magistrates court as his

Customer Question

My partner failed to attend magistrates court as his paperwork said the trail would commence regardless of his attendance however a warrant has been issued.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: He reported to the local court who informed him he needs to attend crown court in 3 weeks for assault charge against me. I retracted my statement as I love my partner but am petrified of the outcome in case he goes to pridon
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: He was found guilty at magistrates court as he failed to attend and had has been told to attend crown court in 3 weeks I would like him to receive a fine but Dec I ate my not prison as his step daughter who is my daughter would be devastated as she is 10yrs old
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Category: UK Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

May we have the full background to this please including the reason that he did not attend the court hearing and what the court hearing was in respect of? You say that he needs to attend Crown Court in three weeks, is that because the matter has been referred from the magistrates to the Crown Court?

What exactly has he been charged with?

The full background would be really useful please. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My partner grabbed my face in a heated row the police were called by me and a statement given.
I retracted my statement the following day however cos called me to give evidence even though i did not want to for assault.i Have no idea why he has to go to crown as we were being dealt with at magistrates.

What was the nature of your injuries and do you know what he’s been charged with? What do you want to know about this?