Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a charge on a property for 39,000 plus costs and

Customer Question

i have a charge on a property for 39,000 plus costs and interest since 2004 - the charge was agreed between both parties and solicitors for each side put the charge inplace. The property owner has refused to answer any communication and as such i now want to see what my option are and whether i can apply for an order to sell even though we did not go to court but agreed between ourselves that the debt was due and a such the order should be placed on her property. It is not her main home.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Manchester UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: we have the charge on the property and we have chased the debt since 2004 - ideally we want the money so if that means the flat is sold then so be it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can she dispute the debt and the charge now after 12 years after not disputing it at all to date even after we have written to her. this is UK law are you UK lawyers or USA
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Was there a trigger for when an order for sale could be asked for?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not that i recall i have attached the charge etc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi jamie did you get my info

Yes. I see there was a letter and charge. But was anything agreed WHEN that charge could be triggered?