Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

Second opinion] - in the eyes of the law what, what is the

Customer Question

Second opinion] - in the eyes of the law what , what is the difference to two people living together compared to say someone visiting on a regular basis ??<br>Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?<br>Customer: we our being fined for not declaring a change in circumstances to the council , but I hadn't moved in permantley on the time scale there saying<br>
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 6 days ago.

Hello - Yes this is a nasty way that the council can fine on the basis that you have not kept them up to date.

This is not so much a case of trying to fight a legal battle with them but rather negotiate with them as best you can.

There are many many people whose lives change - partners move in or out. Often this is a very difficult time and also

it is not certain whether the move is permanent at the time. The idea that people should immediately think about contacting the council is ridiculous. However legally that is the position. If you explain and ask for some leeway on the matter they should be kind.