Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

I have a personal pension plan with Standard Life Retirement

Customer Question

I have a personal pension plan with Standard Life Retirement age 55 which is 6 January 2017. What do i do? I have been living out of the country for about 10l11 years and don't know what the current laws are.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

Hello - I can't see any issue with you receiving your pension simply because you have relocated.

Have you contacted them? That is the first step. If they have an issue then we need to address that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reply. I understandthat i am entitled to a pension what i want to know is what are the laws regarding personal pensions. Do i have any options, i.e., is it possible to take a one off payment and if so what percentage is the entitlement. Please advise.How can i find out about my state pension and if I have made sufficient contributions or if i need to top it up. Please advise.
Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

Hello again - In terms of the State Pension you could call them on their international number:***********/p>

online information is at https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension

Expert:  Nick H replied 1 month ago.

Hello again - In terms of your Pension Scheme - normally you can take 40% of the fund as a lump sum. Best to contact Standard Life and discuss what they offer, if you are not happy then it is worth considering further.