Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Is it legal to use Thermal Imaging Goggles to spy on you

Customer Question

Is it legal to use Thermal Imaging Goggles to spy on you neighbors,in their house ?.
Submitted: 15 days ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello,I live in a terraced house,it started about 4 years ago ( I,m living on my own), I noticed that when I walked into a room (I have 3 bedrooms), within minutes there would be a bang on the party wall. The houses were built in the late 1800,s,(solid), and I don,t make a noise. After a year of this happening an average of ten times a day, I realized they could "see" me. I have since then had them shout "we have seen you do something", Also I,m on antidepressants and nap alot, this they have told me to my face. I understand the goggles are a civil matter and not criminal, but how can I get evidence to take them to court?.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Sorry if I am missing the point but what do you want to take them to court for?