Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son has just had a call from the police to ask if he will

Customer Question

Hi
My son has just had a call from the police to ask if he will admit to criminal damages to a car he has been interviewed about approx 4 weeks ago, which he did not admit to . The witness statement he saw said that he had been seen jumping on the car roof and damage to the car is 450 ! He has also been told if it goes to court he will get a criminal record if it goes against him. He is adamant he did not do it, , but it may jepordise his job as accountant if it goes the wrong way . This seems very unfair and also the cost of the damage has not been proved also . Any advice please would be welcome. Thankyou
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

do the police have any other evidence like cctv?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No Cctv evidence at all
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The only evidence is a witness statement the take away owner car which was damaged was signed by a bar tender girl he knew. This bar tender actually knew my sons friend who was at the scene also who are have not given witness statements yet .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

Ok.

Are you asking if he should admit it? If he denies it then he can't do that.