Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was released from a secure unit and subsequently,due to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,I was released from a secure unit and subsequently,due to the medication that was pumped into me,caused me to commit benefit fraud since I am employed in the construction industry and was only just scraping through before I was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, then two years later was assaulted and suffered a brain haemorrhage which has left me with permanent brain damage.What will be the probable outcome if it goes to Court considering my unfortunate circumstances?I have never been given a prison sentence and I am nearly 60 now.Please advise.
JA: What are the exact charges in question? Are there any possible defenses that you know of?
Customer: No charge as yet and only the defenses listed above.
JA: What is your ideal outcome in this matter?
Customer: I keep my flat and shouldn't need to repay anything since I was unemployed half the time so felt I had a certain entitlement.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a not so ideal outcome to this matter.My medication had me thinking suicide 24/7 and know exactly what the honourable thing to do is that would benefit everyone involved.I though at some stage to make sure I had a state pension and that will be a small saving for them when I don't draw it.
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: Just the thought of picking up where I left off,an option that will suit everyone involved since I am labelled a schizophrenic with brain damage and am getting on a bit.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much is the overpayment please?