Nick H
Nick H, Solicitor
Experience:  Ten year qualified Solicitor
96516752

Second opinion] - I recently settled here from overseas and

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I recently settled here from overseas and used an online currency service that was well rated to transfer some funds into my bank account here.
The online interface was not intuitive or helpful and I made a mistake with the currency involved and the trade failed and the funds were returned to my bank overseas. I was recently informed that I would be penalised for the failed transfer if it wasn't completed soon so I re-initiated it using the last details of previously setup transfer. At no time was there a warning made regarding when the transfer was committed or what the consequences of proceeding would have. During the latest transaction, in the process of getting the correct bank details 2 more transactions were created unwittingly that will seemingly result in 2 more penalties.
I believe this website is a trap for ordinary people and doesn't offer adequate protection or warnings on areas navigated to on the webpage.
Is there something I can do to cancel the transactions and penalties that I will unwittingly incur, or have some action taken against the company?
Note: I believe that company is based in the UK.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Nick H replied 24 days ago.

Hello - this appears to have been ignored? Are you happy for me to continue? Please rate me if yes.

Regards