Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I would like to withdraw my statement but I'm scared the

Customer Question

I would like to withdraw my statement but I'm scared the police will carry it on
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: It was on November the 5th this year and I made a statement against my partner and I would like to withdraw my statement I'm in the uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: The cps has taken the case but I don't want anything to happen. I don't want either of us to go to court and I would like it all too be dropped
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was a drunken argument and it got out of hand
Category: UK Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 6 months ago.

Why do you want to withdraw your statement? Do you think you overreacted or have you exaggerated? Or is it just that you don’t want your partner to be prosecuted? As much background detail as possible would be helpful please. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't want my partner to be prosecuted