Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

You can. UK, I'm in the early conciliation stages with ACAS,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Yes you can.
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: I'm in the early conciliation stages with ACAS, I am owed £2000 and have been wrongfully terminated. The employer wants to pay me off with £750 and have me sign a document that states I cannot take any action against them, ever.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

Please can you explain the circumstances that led to the termination of your employment? Also, how long have you worked there for please?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am currently fully employed with a FTSE100 in London. I was looking for a new position. I found a nice start-up and have agreed to their offer of employment. I have informed them of my 1 month notice, and was proposed to do remote work in that one month, with the stipulation in the contract to start full-time at the end of this month.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
There were 2 contracts signed: a freelancer agreement stating a £25/h fee and a one month notice for termination. A second agreement was a UK standard employment contract, stipulating that my start date will be date 1 mo in the future on the 24th of October - this one stipulated no notice for termination.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I have worked 87 hours total. I was told to invoice them and send them over. Which I did. Immediately afterwards I received an email informing me that I will not be paid and that I am no currently employed there as of then.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I have written a grievance letter asking for the full payment of the 87 hours, and the payment of a months salary, as stipulated by one of the work contracts we signed. A witness was present when these were signed, requested by the company itself. That seemed odd to me.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
They refused and now want to pay me £750 only, after some long deliberation with ACAS. The company is based in Ireland, but they have employees in a co-working space in central London as well. They also have offices in Poland and the US.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I want to know if I should take the £750 or go ahead with the employment tribunal. I am unsure if I have an actual chance of being paid in full.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I have attached the two agreements we have signed. Please let me know if you're actually talking with me live or I should go home and continue this discussion over email.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 30 days ago.

OK, thank you for your responses and for the attachments. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.