Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am looking for some brief information about a false claim

Customer Question

HI, i am looking for some brief information about a false claim that was made about me. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

hello how can i help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
HI, do i just type whats happened on here?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I left my husband in April of this year after years of domestic abuse, then in August he asked me round to his house to talk and i foolishly went. We started to argue so i ran out the house, believing he would attack me again. He ran out behind me and fell onto the pavement, injurying his face. He was drunk, i was sober. I kept running as i still think he would have attacked me despite his fall. Anyway, he went back into his house and called the police saying i had attacked him while he was sleeping. This is a lie. The police came to my house and i was taken to the station for questioning, where i was arrested for domestic abuse against him. I was held in the cell for 3 days until court on the Monday. At court i was released without having to stand in front of the judge or a solicitor, and i was led to believe that the charges were dropped.
He has since admitted he lied to the police - but last week i recieved a letter from the Ciminal Justice System informing me that the Procurator Fiscal was pursuing this matter and the court will decide if i am guilty or not.
I am stunned by this - he is the abuser. I have photos of my injuries over the years and following our separation i ahd to meet with a domestic abuse worker to help me understand why he would hit me etc.
I am a nurse and this could seriously effect my career.
What happens now? Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

OK. So what is your question about this?