Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Briefly this is my situation I am married with 3 dependents

Customer Question

Good morning,
Briefly this is my situation I am married with 3 dependents my husband and I have our own successful business and we work from our home.
I have decided after various attempts to make our marriage work that I would like to separate, finally after 6 months of living virtually seperatly but in the same house he has told me I can go but I must never set foot in the house again or have anything to do with the business's also among other threats he says my eldest child who is 14 will have to leave his private school.
I have no idea of any of rights and am not easily walking away as there is far more details to give but that's a brief outline.
Kind regards
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets are there - and what is the value of the business?

How old are the children and can the business survive the separation

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you for your response in rely to your questions our property is worth about 950,000 to sell with. Mortgage outstanding of roughly 600k.
Business assetts on my accounts are approximately 65k with profit before costs of 120k
Our children are aged 14,10,6
Due to various reasons I have basically kept the business going for the last 3 years with my husband really doing the minimal he now states he will do everything as I will not be welcome????
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Do either of you have income from other sources at all?