Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Was attacked by my partner in Miami three months ago and

Customer Question

Hi was attacked by my partner in Miami three months ago and they were going to charge her with ABH and we have photos which the police took. At the time I got them to drop the case but since then I've learned she has been fraudulently obtaining money from me. Can I re open this case of ABH and proceed with this?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Miami three months ago
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: At the time I dropped the case and she was released because I felt sorry for her but since I have learned she was trying to marry me for Visa in England fraudulently. I would like her charged so she doesn't do this to another victim
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also we were engaged to be married and she recently told me that I have to buy her a £40,000 car or an apartment in Colombia. If I don't she said she wouldn't marry me or come to England. She is Colombian.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, was she charged in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No she was charged in Miami dade. But before they charged her I got them to drop the case and release her from bail with no fees. Now I regret this as she has been deceiving me through the whole relationship
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

OK. Have you reported anything to the Police here in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only when she got really angry once and I called them out for a domestic. But I haven't reported anything to the police in the UK yet regarding the Miami incident
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

What is it you would like to know about this please? What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like her charged with ABH and investigated for romantic fraud.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

OK - but the ABH occurred in Miami, thats right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the ABH was in Miami
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok then no, you cant complain about the ABH. It did not happen in the UK and in any event you dropped the case. If you drop it you cant bring it back.

As for the Visa fraud you can report this to the Police. If it was your partners intention just to get together for a visa and no other purpose then potentially this is fraud.

But you need to report this to the Police who can investigate. However the ABH matter can not be brought back.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?