Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have received measures letter today. it is suggesting that

Customer Question

i have received measures letter today. it is suggesting that all the roles of the transferring employees together with any of the organisations current employees shall be made redundant following a collective consultation process. Pending any decision in relation to the envisaged collective consultation process, it is envisaged that the transferring employees will continue to work under the same T&C's as at present (save where direct transposition of the terms cannot be sensibly achieved in which case we will ensure that replacement terms of substantial or equivalent are provided). What does all that mean exactly - are they suggesting that we start (1st Dec) on a new contract. I have 13 year service and I should be taking that across with me?? Thank you
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And has this been documented in any way?
Customer: I have a letter today. I live in the UK
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: we are meeting with the new employee on the 3rd Nov. I want to take redundancy
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Our HR consultation meeting took place on the 21st Oct. We Tupe on the 1st Dec.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Are any jobs going to remain after the transfer?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Are any jobs going to remain after the transfer?