Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have recently been arrested for fraud in excess of £135k

Customer Question

Hi
I have recently been arrested for fraud in excess of £135k from a previous employer over an 18 month period. I became addicted and despite me knowing it was wrong I don't know why I did this and continued to do so. I have kids and I'm a hypocrit ease I tell them about honestly when I was living dishonest.
I was in a somewhat position of trust but i am no accountant of any sort. This took place over a year ago and the police are aware of this. I admitted my guilt from the jump and am so remorseful. I can't sleep, lost so much weight etc. I am a single mum of 3 children and have advised my solicitor on my repayment plan. I am currently on out bail and working multiple jobs now to keep household going and afford repaying back. I don't know what to expect, I have to report into the police station in three months to be officially charged I guess. Is there anything I can do to prevent a custodial sentence and if I can't a reduced amount. I know I should have thought about my kids while committing the offence ..Im o stupid and my kids are worth more than any figure in the world. I'm so scared about what's going to happen to us
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

What was the addiction?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 months ago.

What is the nature of the fraud?

What did the company do?

how were they affected by this?

have you repaid anything?