Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I have currently completed my comissioner of oath with the

Customer Question

Hi Joshua, I have currently completed my comissioner of oath with the estate property valued at it's lowest price, as this was current valuation at the date of death. I have posted the comissioner of oath back to probate with the net value of £148000. The house is going to be transferred to my mom so I will not know the value the house will be sold at. My mom is in a care home and my concern is that my Dad could improve the property before selling, which would increase the value. Do I contact the Probabte Registry to advise that they do not process the current Probabte details and resubmit with a higher value or should I leave it as is? Sonia
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 month ago.

I would leave it as it is. It is the value at the date of death, not the value at the date of sale. Sometimes, the eventual sale price is different than the valuation at the date of death. It doesn’t matter whether your father does any work later on or not, that is a different issue stop provided you have professional valuation which supports the amount you submitted to the Probate Registry, it should not be a problem.

Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Please do not forget to use the rating service to rate my answer positively. If you don’t rate it positively I don’t get paid.

You may get the impression that the thread closes after rating, but it does not, it remains open and we can still exchange emails if anything needs clarification.

Kind regards this