Law Educator, Esq., UK Law Answer Team
Experience:  UK Law Expert
10285032

Gave money to bet my money on sports and now will return my

Customer Question

Gave money to bet my money on sports and now will return my money after repeated request,
says he will return but does not.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bob has website with American address and uses Wells Fargo bank for deposits and assumed also for wins and refunds.
Worked with gaming club in UK. I am a senior citizen of USA
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Refund of $3875.00 due me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a bit confused, where is the company that you placed your bet with?
How did you make payment? By credit card?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I deposited $5,000.00 cash have receipt to account number(###) ###-####at Wells Fargo Bank in :Las Vegas, NV. Not sure of owner name of account at WFB could be Bob Myers DBA SportsLogic. Bob Myers is in London UK, Sports Logic had or has address in Pompano Beach, FL Looks like a warehouse on Google difference name for address..
Looks like I need to get judgement on Bob Myers and then collect from his account at WFB?
Placed numerous calls does not answer or said in 3 or 4 days he will send refund to me.
Made several bets have record of all wagers. Bob in his advertisement worked as General Manage for gaming club in London UK. Have Emails send to B ob Myers.
Thank you for your reply.
Jurisdiction is a major issue here. If he has an address in the US in FL, then you can seek to get personal jurisdiction by suing him in FL for the return of your money. However, if he is in the UK, you have no choice but to sue him in the UK. It may be he is working for the UK entity while living in FL, which would make things easier for you because suing him in FL would be able to sue in FL small claims without an attorney for up to $5000 and while you may have to go to FL to sue, it would be cheaper for you to do that than hiring an attorney in the UK to sue him in the UK.
So, I would file suit in FL in the small claims court in the county where he is located and use a professional process server to serve him there and then proceed with your suit in FL against him. Using an attorney in FL is not practical because an attorney will want $200 per hour for representation and that is why I said it is more economical even if you have to go to FL yourself to file and prosecute the suit because you can add the reasonable costs of travel into your suit for damages and you have about $1200 before you hit the maximum on the small claims court limits.