Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Isnt a refusal for an application based on your previous

Customer Question

hi isnt a refusal for an application based on your previous crimes although over 15 years old ,which has no bearing on security but to join an organisation discriminatory.
JA: Are you in the UK or are you in the States?
Customer: uk
JA: What action has been taken so far? What's your ideal outcome?
Customer: i am at the moment trying to join checkatrade for my business . and i have been informed that i may be refused due to unspent convictions . which as far as i can see unspent means still serving parole or suspended sentence or any other thing related to the sentence. but refusal 15 years later seems a bit strong and totally goes against my understanding of pepole being able to reform and move on . i was released as i had been rehabilitated .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What was the conviction please?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What was the conviction please?